Comcast is very strict as far as the security of its users is concerned. It will never allow you to sign-in to Xfinity email account without entering the correct password. However, if you forgot Comcast password then you should not worry at all. Your account is still safe and you can simply reset Xfinity password to get it back. You should note that by using Comcast password recovery you cannot retrieve exactly the same password that you were using previously. You can only reset Comcast email password and create a new one.
You are at the right place if you are unable to log in to Xfinity email or you just want to change Comcast password. In this tutorial, you will get the complete details about the process to change or recover Comcast email password in a most convenient manner.
What do you need to Reset or Change Xfinity Password?
Before we move on and discuss the steps to reset or change Comcast email password, we should have a look at the reason why the users need to change or retrieve Xfinity password.
- Forgetting the password: Xfinity password recovery is the only way by which you can get your account back if you can’t remember the password. You need a Comcast password recovery phone number or email ID in order to the recover the Comcast email password. Alternatively, you can also opt for Xfinity password reset via security question.
- Your Comcast email hacked by someone: You need to act quickly and change your Xfinity email password immediately if you think that your Comcast account is hacked. If the hacker has already changed the password then you have to run Comcast email account password recovery and get the account back.
- Your Xfinity password is too weak: You should change your Xfinity email password if you think your password is way too weak and a hacker can guess it easily.
How to reset your Comcast Xfinity Password?
In case you are unable to login to Comcast email due to password not working issue then you should follow the steps illustrated below:
- To initiate the Comcast email password recovery, you need to visit the official link i.e. www.xfinity.com/password.
- Then, you have to provide the Xfinity username at the prescribed space and click “Continue”. If you don’t remember Comcast Xfinity username then you should visit: www.xfinity.com/username and know your username.
- After that, you have to enter the captcha code and complete the security check.
- In the next step, you should select the method by which you want to receive the security code. You will get the following three options to get verification/ security code.
- Email me: You will get the verification code via email message on the alternate email id attached to your Comcast account.
- Text me: By this option, you will get the security code through a text message on your mobile phone.
- Call me: You can get the security code through a phone call on your phone number
- Alternatively, you can also recover Comcast.net email password without a phone number or email address. To do that, you should check the radio button next to the “Answer my secret question” option.
- Click on the password recovery link available in the verification email, enter a security code or answer security questions as applicable.
Note: If you answer the security questions incorrectly for the three times in a row then you will not have the option to reset a password using security questions. In that case, you will have to contact Comcast support.
- After that, you have to create a new password for your Xfinity email account.
- Click on the “Continue” button once you enter your new password one more time for confirmation.
- Finally, you may check the new Comcast login credential by signing in to your account.
Note: For a hassle-free Comcast account password recovery you should have a phone number or email ID added to your account. To add a phone number and alternate email to your account you may chat or call Xfinity customer service.
How can I change Xfinity password?
You don’t need to follow the long process of resetting the Comcast password if you are just looking to change the password. Here are the steps you should follow if you are looking to change Xfinity email account password.
- Firstly, you should sign-in to Xfinity my account and choose “Users”.
- After that, you have to select the “Edit” option available next to the user.
- Then, go to the “Username and password” section and click the “Edit” button appearing next to the password.
- Provide the new Comcast password and confirm it by entering it once again.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button.
Congratulation! Your Xfinity password is now changed successfully.
Change Comcast Xfinity password on Android/ iPhone
A lot of users access their Xfinity email account on iPhone/ Android using Xfinity My Account app. The process for Comcast password change via Xfinity My Account app is given below:
- To begin the process, you should sign in to the Xfinity My Account app.
- Then, you need to locate and tap on the “Account Information” section. Your name along with the username will appear in this section.
- After that, you should select the “Change Password” option.
- Then, you need to provide your current Comcast email password along with a new one.
- After that, you need to enter the new password again for confirmation.
- Finally, you can tap the “Save” button to save the information you have just entered.
Change Comcast Security questions to keep your account safe
If you are worried about the security of your Comcast email account then you can also update your security questions. Doing this can effectively save your Xfinity account from the hackers.
- To begin with, you need to log in to the Xfinity my account.
- Select the “Users” tab that is available on the top of the page.
- Click the “Edit” button that is appearing next to the account you are looking to update
- Then, you should click the “Edit” button next to the “Password/ Secret Question” section.
- After that, you have to select the “Secret question type” and enter the new security question.
- Along with the question, you also need to provide the answer.
- Finally, you can save the new security question by clicking on the “Save” button.
Tips for creating a good Comcast password
It is a smart idea to update Comcast email password regularly. Here are some Comcast password requirements you should keep in mind while creating a new password.
- Always remember the quote “Longer is better”. You should create the password having a length of at least 8 characters to 16 characters.
- You should always try to create a unique password having a combination of uppercase letters, lower case letters, symbols and numbers.
- Don’t use information such as birthday, your nickname, social security number as your Xfinity email password.